Thursday, December 14, 2006

1/4 over (I wish my students knew what 1/4 is)

The semester is over.

Comparing now to the beginning of the year... well, my job has stayed the same. A lot of people's job titles have changed. Bilingual gives you stability, because they don't have anyone to take your spot. It probably also means that some bad teachers get more security.

I still need to do better at making sure the kids have the vocab they need to succeed. I need to do better at a lot of things. Their average performance on certain things is still very low--I know there need to be way more efficient ways. I know you can always improve, but I want to improve a lot, now.

Today I saw at least one kid reading the book I gave him for Christmas. Good. I got a lot of mugs--certainly something I can use. I think the only thing most of them could think about me is "he drinks a ridiculous amount of coffee."

I go in tomorrow to clean up, do permanent folders, and take care of a couple other tasks, and then we don't start again until January 3. Now, to do some Christmas shopping...

No comments: