Word is that the kids tried their best.
Hopefully that will be enough for 2/3 of them to pass.
The last two weeks heading up to the testing were crazy, as I tried to reinforce strategies, they pulled out most of my kids for math, and I tried to get whatever knowledge I could into the heads of those who were left.
The Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills is administered by another teacher--in our school, by the 5th grade teacher. Therefore, during the two days my students took reading and math (April 17-18), I was teaching fifth grade... don't try it. It could be hazardous to your health. I'm just glad I didn't get assigned middle school and I admire those who are handling it (I guess I could handle it if I were put there originally, but I'm well used to fourth graders by now). The testing day for fifth grade, April 19, was actually worse, though, as I had a lot of kids act up after they were done testing and I'd have to send them outside. I think I had four kids alone outside by the end with more waiting.
We got Stanford results back during the same timeframe. I had 1/2 of my kids not pass either reading or math, with 9 (out of 22) not passing reading and I think 3 or 4 not passing math. The total was 11 not passing (one or the other), 11 passing, with a couple of kids overlapping reading and math. However, they had basically no prep for Stanford, which came right after TAKS Writing, so hopefully that is not a good reflection of what their scores coming back will look like.
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment