One of my students went to a sketching competition sponsored by the Museum of Fine Arts a couple of weekends ago. The art teacher at our school (we currently have art as an ancillary) found out about the competition and recommended that he go. I called up the parent a few days beforehand and reinforced it (good thing, too--she said they weren't planning to take him because they didn't think he was eligible. That is my small role if he becomes successful).
He is a good kid, but very easily distracted and disorganized. He's such an artistic learner that he doesn't do well at all with visual or logical learning, and is very inconsistent with his reading (his Stanford scores were the lowest in the class, I think because of this and because of getting distracted).
Anyway, he gets a free art class with the MFA's art school, I think this fall. Awesome!
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment